Friday, November 04, 2005

Greetings Vintage Comedy Heads

Nick Santa Maria here. Before I leap into Lake Obscuro, I just wanted to say how happy I am to be a member of this blog. Aaron Neathery is one of the most talented and responsible commentators on this subject, and I've been a fan of his for several years now. We've been bouncing our views off one another for nigh unto a parakeet's age and I always come away from Neathery's letters with something I'd never known before. That ain't easy.

I wanted to introduce myself as someone who's writings won't be so much about facts, dates, and figures as much as it'll be my musings on things like:

Healy and Pendelton, MGM's on and off comedy team.

Charlie Butterworth, sort of a Stan Laurel without the heart, and Ollie, of course.

What if Robert Woolsey had lived?

Anyway, you get the idea.

See you all soon!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home